At Tanglewood Wealth Management, we respect your personal financial privacy. We realize that you have entrusted us with private personal financial information, and it is important to us that you know our policy concerning what we do with that information. These policies apply to current and former clients of Tanglewood in our role as a registered investment advisory firm.
We collect personal financial information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide us in investment advisory agreements, brokerage account applications, and other documents you complete in connection with the opening and maintaining your accounts with us;
- Information you provide us verbally;
- Information we receive from third parties, such as brokerage firms and your transactions with us or with others.
This personal information includes such things as your name, birth date, Social Security number, address and telephone numbers, net worth, annual income and account numbers.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal financial information about you to any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- When required to execute transactions for your account or otherwise to provide services you have requested (such as broker dealers, custodians, independent managers, etc); or
- When a non-financial company performs services for Tanglewood such as operational or administrative services. In such cases, all companies with whom we do business are contractually obligated to comply with Tanglewood's standards regarding scurity and confidentiality, and the information can be used only for the sole purpose of providing service we have requested of the company to perform.
- When you have specifically authorized us to do so (such as family members, attorneys, CPAs or other professional advisors); or
- When permitted or required by law.
Within the firm, we employ numerous safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of all client data. We restrict access to your personal financial information to the employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your privacy including daily backups of our computer information in a secure environment; anti-virus protection software; and password protected access to customer information. Additionally, we employ an email encryption service to send and request secure email attachments.